Little Ramblings

It's 12:57am.

I'm buried under blankets on my bed, connected to my night feed as it slowly delivers my calories. There is a winding sound from the pump that murmurs every few seconds. Some people may find the noise annoying, but I don't mind it. It's like white noise to me.

I'm light headed from my painkillers that were given to me to help with the pain from my sinus surgery. I told myself hours ago that I would go to sleep, but the painkillers make it difficult to get quality sleep. I always feel myself drifting away only for my body to abruptly wake up. A weird side effect from the medication, but I manage.

I have three pillows stacked under my upper back and neck. One long pillow that spreads across my twin bed, one normal size pillow, and one turtle pillow pet. I've gotten used to sleeping in almost an upright position. I have to sleep almost sitting up while I do my night feed so I don't aspirate into my lungs. And this type of position helps with my sinus drainage. Again, I don't mind. Everything on my bed is soft and squishy (too soft according to my boyfriend) and it feels like I'm sleeping on a cloud.

My chest and back feel tight. It could be from my allergies and my lungs are tightening. Or it could be from all the coughing the last few days trying to cough out mucus plugs and surgery drainage that got into my lungs. Normally I take ibuprofen for the tightness, but I was reminded today that I can't take any blood thinners since I have another procedure on Monday. Luckily my painkillers are taking the edge off.

Now its 1:12am and I'm finally getting sleepy.

Good night world.

Comments

Popular Posts